Photo Friday: A Courthouse Clock on the Coast
Today's picture was taken in a quaint, picturesque Victorian town. Husband and I decided to take a day trip there with plans to see where the wind took us once we arrived. We didn't know anything about this town except that it had a well-rated brewery ("brewery" was the original Google search when I was set with the task of planning a day trip). The brewery resided in an industrial park on the way into town, so we stopped there first to grab a few beers and people watch from the windows. We left with happy tongues, two smiles, and a pair of glasses. However, we were still hungry so we walked around the area hoping to find a place to grab a bite to eat, but the cafe we found was already closed up for the day. We agreed that we'd probably have better luck finding food in the downtown area, so we hopped in the car and headed into the heart of the town. We made a good choice.
Upon arrival we were greeted with Chinese, Mexican, Thai, sandwich, and seafood restaurants. The seafood option offered "casual seaside dining" in large, painted letters on the outside of the building -so it seemed like the obvious choice. The inside of the restaurant had a cozy and calming feel with twinkle lights resting on the beams of the vaulted ceilings. The hostess seated us by a window overlooking a small beach between two piers. We watched a family enjoy the cloudy day with each other and their little dachshund who took great pleasure in playing fetch. The little dog reminded me of a golden retriever as it darted in and out of the water.
The food was delicious. Husband ordered prawn tacos and I ordered some clam chowder. Both were excellent, but upon tasting each other's dish we promptly decided to trade. Husband said it was the best clam chowder he had ever had; I thought the fish tacos were some of the most flavorful, fresh tacos I had ever had the pleasure of eating.
Bellies satisfied, we took off to explore by foot. The people were friendly, the shops were eclectic, and the architecture was beautiful. I had so much fun walking around this little coastal town with husband that I forgot to take more pictures. This isn't such a bad thing. I think it's important to really live in the moment and not get too caught up in documenting it, and this is exactly what happened.
I snapped this picture as we were heading out of town. I wanted to take a picture of the entire courthouse, but my camera couldn't quite capture it. Instead I decided to just focus on the clock tower, and I thought the picture turned out nicely.
I love seeing where the wind takes me -it always seems to have better plans than me!
Upon arrival we were greeted with Chinese, Mexican, Thai, sandwich, and seafood restaurants. The seafood option offered "casual seaside dining" in large, painted letters on the outside of the building -so it seemed like the obvious choice. The inside of the restaurant had a cozy and calming feel with twinkle lights resting on the beams of the vaulted ceilings. The hostess seated us by a window overlooking a small beach between two piers. We watched a family enjoy the cloudy day with each other and their little dachshund who took great pleasure in playing fetch. The little dog reminded me of a golden retriever as it darted in and out of the water.
The food was delicious. Husband ordered prawn tacos and I ordered some clam chowder. Both were excellent, but upon tasting each other's dish we promptly decided to trade. Husband said it was the best clam chowder he had ever had; I thought the fish tacos were some of the most flavorful, fresh tacos I had ever had the pleasure of eating.
Bellies satisfied, we took off to explore by foot. The people were friendly, the shops were eclectic, and the architecture was beautiful. I had so much fun walking around this little coastal town with husband that I forgot to take more pictures. This isn't such a bad thing. I think it's important to really live in the moment and not get too caught up in documenting it, and this is exactly what happened.
I snapped this picture as we were heading out of town. I wanted to take a picture of the entire courthouse, but my camera couldn't quite capture it. Instead I decided to just focus on the clock tower, and I thought the picture turned out nicely.
I love seeing where the wind takes me -it always seems to have better plans than me!



Comments
Post a Comment