Military Spouse Appreciation Blog Carnival 2012: You Know You're a Military Spouse When...
Check it out and join in on Military Spouse Appreciation Blog Carnival 2012!
Monday's was "You know you're a military spouse when..."
You know you're a military spouse when you forget to write for the blog carnival because your husband finally got off weekend duty. Let's face it, whether it's months apart or days apart, we miss our spouse!
So I just went and checked out all the people who have posted so far. What did I learn? I'm a terrible military spouse. I'm just kidding! Part of the beauty of The Military Spouse is that we're all very different but share one very special bond.
Okay, so I may not know all the acronyms so well, and I certainly don't know my husbands social, but there were a few things that rang a bell:
Monday's was "You know you're a military spouse when..."
You know you're a military spouse when you forget to write for the blog carnival because your husband finally got off weekend duty. Let's face it, whether it's months apart or days apart, we miss our spouse!
So I just went and checked out all the people who have posted so far. What did I learn? I'm a terrible military spouse. I'm just kidding! Part of the beauty of The Military Spouse is that we're all very different but share one very special bond.
Okay, so I may not know all the acronyms so well, and I certainly don't know my husbands social, but there were a few things that rang a bell:
You've learned BALANCE.
You've learned FLEXIBILITY.
You've learned STRONG.
…some of your closest friends are people you’ve known less than a year.
-Midlife Army Wife
You feel the need to sort through and downsize your household every spring.
-Midlife Army Wife
You feel the need to sort through and downsize your household every spring.
It is likely you didn't spend your first anniversary with your husband.
Every time you look at the clock in your kitchen, you count back (or
forward) to see what time it is on the other side of the world
you can drop anything and everything you are doing to answer the phone
Sometimes it feels like I live on two entirely separate planets, but I wouldn't change a thing.
I married my husband right before our first deployment and only saw him forty-five days in that first year of marriage.
Along with so many more, but at least this gives you taste! Head over to Wives of Faith to learn even more.



Comments
Post a Comment