Another Goal Down - Working On the Deadlift

This past weekend husband and I went to the local sporting goods store to grab me a kettle bell (our 35 pound one is great for swings and all, but I am far from getting a few Turkish get ups with it) and some weightlifting shoes shoes that are flatter than my running shoes. I'd love to get some real weightlifting shoes, but with Husband being the only income source right now I settled for some $25 skater shoes.

Now, I don't know if it was the shoes. Or that since they took down the no chalk signs at the gym, we used some chalk.  Or perhaps it was because my legs were fresher after doing deloaded squats (I'm going to go ahead and just take a moment to relish the fact that 10 months ago -including a 5 month gym hiatus- I was shocked to get out one 100 pound squat, and now they're my light squats that I practice my "bounce" on).

Okay, it was probably a combination of all 3 that led me to finally hitting my first deadlift goal: 175 177 pounds, I totally count our 1.2 pound collars pounds. AND getting these was actually easier than my set last week at 172 pounds.

Thank you husband for all your coaching and encouragement! I never imagined I'd be lifting what I'm lifting now.

Warning: 225 pounds is my next goal, so it might be quite awhile before I talk about deadlifts again...

I just want to share this because I love it:
http://missdeejers.tumblr.com/post/23192752456/no-i-will-look-like-myself-act-like-myself

Comments