What Are Friends For?

I love taking pictures of my family, but I must admit that variety is the spice of life. So when a good friend of mine suggested we take a day trip together to a winery, I asked her if she wouldn't mind if I took some pictures of her in the beautiful countryside. Thankfully, she agreed.

Beforehand, I was kind of nervous about this photoshoot. What if I made her nervous? Pictures of people uncomfortable almost never turn out good ...unless they happen to be super cute uncomfortable people. Or what if my style didn't quite match her own? I wasn't too nervous, though, because my friend, Miss C*, happens to be super fun and outgoing and I had a feeling we'd easily have fun with it.

And we did!

It took longer than we expected to get to the winery, but we arrived at the same time as a stretch limo. We were nervous that we had come on a day closed for a private reservation, but we had better luck than that. It was just a group outing/birthday party smartly using the limo to avoid drinking & driving. I believe we were joining them on their 5th wine tasting of the day? Sounds like an excellent birthday to me... They were all in the happiest of moods and I have now decided that at least one of my birthdays will be spent with my closest friends taking a limo to several wineries!

We enjoyed the wine, conversation, and laughter, and I walked away with a yummy bottle of port. 

Afterward, we asked the owner if we could take pictures around their property, and they kindly agreed. I started off taking pictures of Miss C without her knowing. It was a fun place to explore...


 It was an extremely sunny day, so I tried to find some shade for the pictures. We stumbled across these huge, gorgeous doors and got in some of my favorite pictures. One of my favorites happened by accident. I was going to play with focusing on a tree limb instead of Miss C, and I just happened to snap the picture when she just happened to decide to jump up. It made for a playful image, and I like to think she kind of looks like a fairy playing around:


We were about to wrap up the day, but I got distracted by the symmetry and beauty of the dead orchard as we walked back to the car -somehow I had missed it when walking through it the first few times. Talk about an incredible background:


I'm so grateful to Miss C for letting me practice taking pictures of her! What are friends for, except to be amazing models, eh?
+
 *for privacy's sake

Comments