The Little Things
The move from working woman to domestic housewife has been, well, an adjustment. In some ways this dramatic change has been difficult. I miss the challenges, achievements, and social aspects work provided. On the other hand, I love living with my husband and the time to tap into the creative part of my brain. I have time to read, write, cook, and (thanks to my best friend for the push I needed) paint.
An unforeseen consequence is how much I appreciate the little things in life now. The most recent example comes from this morning. I woke up with my husband -a rare event in itself- and made us some delicious breakfast tacos. Egg, cheese, avocado, and salsa ...very little effort for a magnificent taste bud reward.
Due to this little but appreciated effort, my husband left for work with a big grin on his face -I love that grin. Admittedly, I was quite pleased with myself. It might not be a major work milestone, but it's a little thing, and apparently the littlest of things can provide some of the biggest smiles.
Not too shabby for a Wednesday morning.
An unforeseen consequence is how much I appreciate the little things in life now. The most recent example comes from this morning. I woke up with my husband -a rare event in itself- and made us some delicious breakfast tacos. Egg, cheese, avocado, and salsa ...very little effort for a magnificent taste bud reward.
Due to this little but appreciated effort, my husband left for work with a big grin on his face -I love that grin. Admittedly, I was quite pleased with myself. It might not be a major work milestone, but it's a little thing, and apparently the littlest of things can provide some of the biggest smiles.
Not too shabby for a Wednesday morning.



Comments
Post a Comment