Earth Day!
Husband and I forgot it was Earth Day until it was mentioned on the Discovery Channel while we were watching Frozen Planet. By the way, Frozen Planet is one of the best shows I have ever watched. If my husband weren't my better half, I would have easily spent my entire Earth Day sitting (okay, lying) on my couch fixated on Frozen Planet.
Thankfully, my dear husband took the time to notice it was a gorgeous day outside as soon as the Diablo 3 open beta server went down on him. Motivated by Earth Day and the gorgeous day outside, I agreed to go check out a nearby state park.
We had great fun! It was beautiful and tree-y (as I like to say).
My husband, dog, and I made such a fun bunch that a bee decided it was going to follow us around for most of our journey. That, or it took great enjoyment in sneaking up on me, buzzing in my ear, and seeing me run around wildly. Maybe I'm not quite the nature woman I would like to be...
Once we got back home I played with some earthy things indoors.
First, I checked on our Worm Factory composting bin and decided to take a picture of our earth worm cocoons/eggs. See the little lemon-ish shaped yellow/orange red balls below? Look below the white root...
Pleased with the worms, I checked on the apple seeds I was trying to grow. Supposedly they have a low germination rate, but all the seeds that I took from one apple sprouted...
Here's to hoping I have equally good luck with those lemon seeds...
Then as the sun began to set on Earth Day, I sat on my couch and watched the series finale of Frozen Planet.
It was excellent.
Thankfully, my dear husband took the time to notice it was a gorgeous day outside as soon as the Diablo 3 open beta server went down on him. Motivated by Earth Day and the gorgeous day outside, I agreed to go check out a nearby state park.
We had great fun! It was beautiful and tree-y (as I like to say).
My husband, dog, and I made such a fun bunch that a bee decided it was going to follow us around for most of our journey. That, or it took great enjoyment in sneaking up on me, buzzing in my ear, and seeing me run around wildly. Maybe I'm not quite the nature woman I would like to be...
Once we got back home I played with some earthy things indoors.
First, I checked on our Worm Factory composting bin and decided to take a picture of our earth worm cocoons/eggs. See the little lemon-ish shaped yellow/orange red balls below? Look below the white root...
Pleased with the worms, I checked on the apple seeds I was trying to grow. Supposedly they have a low germination rate, but all the seeds that I took from one apple sprouted...
Here's to hoping I have equally good luck with those lemon seeds...
Then as the sun began to set on Earth Day, I sat on my couch and watched the series finale of Frozen Planet.
It was excellent.





Comments
Post a Comment