Changing Seasons


Well, until today it looked like spring was finally here. The wildflowers in our yard were in full bloom and the sun was finally making a regular appearance along with all its warmth. Husband and I even ventured out for a mini-hike at a nearby state park. However, today is back to fog and chill. It looks like even the birds don't feel like venturing out today.

Spring is still here; it's just taking a break today, and the change in seasons -or perhaps changing seasons- seem to mirror my own life at this time.

After the wealth of uncertainty that marked 2011, I thought 2012 would be a year I had figured out. Not completely, but there were a few things I foolishly thought I knew: where I would live and that long-distance with my husband was over.

Turns out I may have been wrong.

This position is familiar -the uncertainty, the cloudiness of the future, but something is distinctively different. I don't feel stress or anxiety. Actually, I'm really excited to see what is about to unfold. Like dancing-around-my-living-room excited about all the possibilities.

I'm really happy about this because I know why this time is so much easier. I found my faith again. Or maybe my faith found me. Either way, looks like I've also found the peace, joy, and optimism of my youth. I thought it was bills and responsibility that had stolen those three from me, but I now know that's not the case. I had let them slip away all on my own, when I stopped seeing the world with faith, hope, and love.

It's awfully cloudy outside, but it is still an absolutely beautiful day.

Comments