I don't know why I want a blog
I don't know why I want a blog.
In high school I maintained a blog/livejournal that was mildly successful (i.e.: people read it; I enjoyed rereading it years later). Shortly upon arrival to college the livejournal slowly but surely died.
Since then I have attempted a few other blogs with little success. Usually I create a "theme" so I am not simply writing about my life because I feel like other people don't want to read about my life. Really, how entertaining is "Today I went to work, worked out, and made dinner!" It would turn into a lot of posts about my dog who is significantly more entertaining than myself. My favorite blog attempt was "Half Full". The idea was that I would take negative things in my life and turn them into a positive. It was all about perception and optimism. It took about a month before I realized that my "negative" things were all more on the along the lines of mildly annoying. And while I am very, very fortunate to be extremely blessed in life, I really didn't need to rub it anyone's face.
Somehow, though, I keep getting drawn back to blogging. I tried a wordpress blog for awhile. It seemed cleaner. Then I got annoyed with their "Typekit fonts" and unfun emoticons and bailed.
So, I am back here attempting to learn how to make this blog my own. The picture is all mine. I took it just last month!
I like my URL though. It allows me to make this blog whatever I want to be -whatever my whim and fancy chooses.
In high school I maintained a blog/livejournal that was mildly successful (i.e.: people read it; I enjoyed rereading it years later). Shortly upon arrival to college the livejournal slowly but surely died.
Since then I have attempted a few other blogs with little success. Usually I create a "theme" so I am not simply writing about my life because I feel like other people don't want to read about my life. Really, how entertaining is "Today I went to work, worked out, and made dinner!" It would turn into a lot of posts about my dog who is significantly more entertaining than myself. My favorite blog attempt was "Half Full". The idea was that I would take negative things in my life and turn them into a positive. It was all about perception and optimism. It took about a month before I realized that my "negative" things were all more on the along the lines of mildly annoying. And while I am very, very fortunate to be extremely blessed in life, I really didn't need to rub it anyone's face.
Somehow, though, I keep getting drawn back to blogging. I tried a wordpress blog for awhile. It seemed cleaner. Then I got annoyed with their "Typekit fonts" and unfun emoticons and bailed.
So, I am back here attempting to learn how to make this blog my own. The picture is all mine. I took it just last month!
I like my URL though. It allows me to make this blog whatever I want to be -whatever my whim and fancy chooses.


Comments
Post a Comment