Day 7: That time I did a whole instagram story series on making dinner

The weather this weekend was absolutely my kind of weather. Not too hot, rain that came and went a few times, and even a little bit of chill. It was the perfect stay-at-home, do-nothing weather. I was sooo tempted to crack open the book I'm currently reading, but I haven't had time yet. I've tried to take advantage of this last bit of cool weather by working outside. Which has mostly just been weeding.

And more weeding.

And more weeding.

And the backyard still looks like a hot mess.

So far self-isolating hasn't been too hard.  You know all those memes about quarantine not really being different from normal life? Yup, they apply to us decently well.

Still, there are some things I really miss. Like...
  • Not being worried about what germs someone brings home from the grocery store.
  • Spending time with the grandparents (this is the biggest one. What I would give for a hug from my parents right now)
  • Little outings with the family. 
  • Seeing my friends
  • Not worrying daily about everyone in my life & the world
I can appreciate having to get creative in the day-to-day. I've been cooking from a new-ish cookbook a lot lately, and tonight I went ahead covered a recipe on my Instagram stories. I was kind of shocked at how many people followed along! I think I'll do it again. I leave notes in case anyone wants to give a recipe a try. I know I'm not the only one with a little extra time on their hands.

That's all for today.

Missing my mom & dad. Praying for everyone.

Comments