A weekend "cleanse"
To kick-off Dr. Oz's 28 day challenge, I'm checking out his 48-Hour Weekend Cleanse this weekend. I just came back from the grocery store, and am making the first dish right now...
P.S. This is my first cleanse ever.
An update: The cleanse was pretty easy and surprisingly tastey. I accidentally burned the breakfast the first day, but other than that everything turned out great! I can definitely see adding chicken or beef to the vegetable stew and eating it again on any regular ol' non-detox night. If you want to get yourself back in check, I would say give it a shot. It doesn't starve you (major points), and leaves you feeling pretty good. Personally, it introduced me to a lot of new foods that I wouldn't have tried before. Now I have them in my kitchen ready for me to eat all week!
P.S. This is my first cleanse ever.
An update: The cleanse was pretty easy and surprisingly tastey. I accidentally burned the breakfast the first day, but other than that everything turned out great! I can definitely see adding chicken or beef to the vegetable stew and eating it again on any regular ol' non-detox night. If you want to get yourself back in check, I would say give it a shot. It doesn't starve you (major points), and leaves you feeling pretty good. Personally, it introduced me to a lot of new foods that I wouldn't have tried before. Now I have them in my kitchen ready for me to eat all week!
| Maybe it was the Margarita glass, but this fruity "detox" drink was tastey! |
Update to the update: Forgot to mention, when I first say the grocery list I was super skeptical that I could find it all at a regular grocery store. I didn't want to go to Whole Foods because it is so long and I didn't want to spend a small fortune. Well, luckily all this stuff IS available at the regular grocery store. Just have to look a little bit harder ;). I should also point out, that if you don't have a juicer (I don't) you don't have to buy a lot of the stuff on the grocery list...I learned that the hard way...Oh well, more to eat during the week?


Comments
Post a Comment