This week's Photo Friday is my favorite

This week's Photo Friday is my favorite (I know there have only been three, but still...). There are two reasons:

1. I LOVE the way this picture turned out. 
2. Things in life are very uncertain right now (though I suppose when are they REALLY certain?), and I don't know where things are going. This picture happened by chance...it wasn't the original plan for either of us, but I believe it turned out better than both of us hoped! I think life works out that way, too.

Katie took these:

And made this:

This is what Katie did, in her own words:
  • Cut the bird from the cliff photo and pasted it on a separate layer in the cloud photo.
  • Made the bird bigger.
  • Erased the last remaining bits of sky from the around the edges of the bird.
  • Lowered the opacity of the bird layer (it may have been somewhere between 50 and 70% opacity, but I can't remember.)
  • Merged the bird and the original sky into one layer.
  • Used the smear tool to feather the edges of the bird, diffusing it out into the clouds so that the bird itself looked like a cloud.
The end!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you asked me to do this with you, Stephanie. It has become a high point of my week! Thanks for sharing all your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you agreed to do this with me! I'm having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment