Photo Friday with Katie

Welcome back to Photo Friday! Today I've teamed up with Katie from A Funny Thing Happened and we had some fun with photos. I can never edit my own photos because I feel like I'm altering a memory, but I am fascinated with Photoshop. Katie, on the other hand, loves to edit but isn't super into taking the pictures. Seems that we complement one another! Anyway, as you probably guessed by now, I took the original picture, and sent it to Katie to do whatever her heart desired. This is what she created:


Original Photo:

Here's a list of things she did (in her own words):
  • Straightened the horizon (it sloped upward to the right).
  • Made the sun bigger.
  • Lightened the colors directly around the sun, and darkened the outer colors.
  • Took the bird that was on the far left (and very tiny), made it bigger, and placed it front-and-center.
  • Heightened contrast a tad (and brightness an even smaller tad) on the sand--made the light rays stand out more, and also captured a little more texture of the sand.
  • Removed the parasailor to the right of the sun (very tiny, very light, but there).
"The point: The focal point is the center--the bird, and just behind it, the sun.  The light dissipates outward, which made it feel to me like an outward motion that started in the center and reached out as far as it could." -Katie

Hope you enjoyed, I know I did!

Comments