Sopapilla Cheesecake

My friend brought over "Sopapilla Cheesecake" for our Superbowl gathering, and I completely fell in love. Between the cinnamon-y goodness of the Sopapilla crust and the creaminess of cheesecake, I didn't stand a chance. She texted me a screen shot of the recipe, and I knew I had to document it more permanently before it got lost among text messages, or I did something silly like lose my phone. No, I could not risk losing this thing.

Without further ado, Sopapilla Cheesecake, per my awesome friend Lindsay.

Ingredients:
2 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups sugar (or half this)
2 cans crescent rolls
1 stick real butter
1 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 365 degrees and spray bottom of 9x13 backing dish.
2. Beat cream cheese, vanilla, and 3/4 cups sugar until smooth.
3. Unroll one can of crescent rolls onto the bottom of the pan. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top.
4. Unroll the other can of crescent rolls on top of the cream cheese mixture.
5. Melt the stick of butter in a glass measuring cup and then mix in 3/4 cups sugar and cinnamon. Pour on top of the crescent rolls and spread it around with a spatula or spoon.
6. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Let stand before serving or chilling in a refrigerator.

Comments

  1. mmmm i want to make this! Too bad i've made too many desserts and now I'm getting fat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment