Pinspired Thursday: How to Clean Your Microwave

This was one of those rare pins that I saw, repinned, and actually tried all in the same day.

The recipe calls for a full cup of vinegar, but to my chagrin I only had a half cup. Too impatient to wait until I had more vinegar, I decided to make some slight alterations. Guess what. The microwave still turned out incredibly clean:



Oops, I forgot to take a before picture, but let me paint one for you: butter, everywhere, from multiple explosions of butter dating back to February. Better yet, check out the original post for a great "before" and "after" shot.

This is one cleaning trick I know I will use again and again –it is just so simple and easy. I mixed a 1/2 cup vinegar with 1/2 cup water in a pyrex measuring cup. I "microwaved" it for 10 minutes, let it get all steamy, removed with oven mits (it'll be hot!), and then wiped down the inside of the microwave with a wet cloth. It came off like magic.

Voila! 

Comments